Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The tomatoes will become slightly stronger with refrigeration time, yield is only estimated. If you prefer to use fresh herbs, then use 2-1/2 tablespoons of fresh in place of dry.
- 1 (3 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt (optional)
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl.
- Cover with boiling water (just to cover) and let soak for 3 minutes; drain.
- Slice, and return to bowl.
- Add in oil and remaining ingredients.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Store in the refrigerator covered in a glass jar.
- **NOTE** the oil will thicken in the fridge, just warm slightly in the microwave before using.
finally got my hands on dried tomatoes I brought with me from Greece, thanks for extra easy and yummy recipe, tastes great even without waiting that 1 hour. Tried with brown whole wheat bread topped with feta cheese and this yummies !
Never had marinated sun dried tomatoes before, but these worked out pretty well in the recipe I needed them for. Easy to do, and much cheaper then buying them (since i dry my own tomatoes) Thanks Kitten!
Yummers. Sun-dried tomatos are one of my faves, so I'm thrilled to have this recipe. I used fresh basil, and bottled minced garlic. Munched on most of them, so I'll be making a double batch soon to use on pizza & crostini. If I can keep my hands off the jar long enough.