Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious way to take advantage of sweet ripe summer tomatoes. They marinate along with some ripe bell pepper slices and sweet onions in a simple oil and vinegar dressing that brings all the flavors together. Fresh herbs would be a wonderful addition if you are lucky enough to have a garden.
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, ripe sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Layer the peppers, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl, crock or similar container.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Keeps very well for several days.
Sorry but I did not like this .. I felt it was too sweet and had too much oil even after draining ..