1/2 Photos of Marinated Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Great company fare but simple and quick enough for everyday! It's a side dish. It's an appetizer. It's a main dish. It's excellent anytime and anyway you serve it! (Well I guess some might argue that, since this really might not be a good breakfast but....to each his or her own!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml honey
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh herbs (sage and thyme worked well)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 1With a damp cloth or paper towel, wipe the portabellas to clean them.
- 2Remove the stems, chop and set aside.
- 3Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and place into a Ziplock bag.
- 4Add the mushroom caps and seal.
- 5Arrange the bag so that all of the portabellas are in contact with the marinade;marinate for at least 10 minutes but closer to 20.
- 6To make the stuffing, begin heating olive oil in a large skillet.
- 7Add reserved mushroom stems, onions, celery and garlic.
- 8Cook until veggies start to soften a bit.
- 9Add chicken and cook until done, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- 10Stir in rice, sage, 1/4 cup parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 11If it is a little dry, you can mix in a tablespoon or so of broth or wine.
- 12Remove portabellas from the Ziplock bag and discard remaining marinade.
- 13With a paper towel, pat the portabellas to remove excess moisture.
- 14Turn them over so that the gill sides are facing up and place in an oven safe pan.
- 15Stuff each mushroom with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the stuffing.
- 16Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan on top.
- 17Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of pan.
- 18Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until the portabellas are done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 401.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: