I originally found this recipe here on recipezaar from CC. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/getrecipe.zsp?id=34555 After playing around with it I came up with this variation. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb prosciutto (1 lb sliced is ~37 slices)
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese (sliced ~ 1/2" thick)
- 2 lbs cherry peppers (~ 2 pt or 49 peppers)
- 1/2 gallon white vinegar
- 1 quart extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- bay leaf
- dill weed
- chopped garlic
- parmesan cheese
- 1Wash cherry peppers and place whole, stems intact, in 1 gallon jar.
- 2Fill jar with white vinegar.
- 3Let stand at least one week.
- 4I've let them soak as long as 3 weeks.
- 5You may need to add more vinegar to keep the jar full as the peppers soak it in.
- 6The peppers will float, make sure to keep them covered.
- 7After soaking for at least a week, pour out vinegar and rinse peppers in cool water.
- 8Remove stems and seeds.
- 9Expect to lose 3 or 4 peppers during soaking.
- 10Cut provolone to the appropriate size to fill the peppers.
- 11(~1/2" cube) Cut the Proscuitto slices in half.
- 12Wrap the provolone with a 1/2 slice of Proscuitto (or 2 for larger peppers) and stuff into pepper.
- 13Add some Olive Oil to the jar.
- 14Add Onion, Rosemary, 2 or 3 Bay Leaves, Dill Weed, Basil and chopped Garlic to oil.
- 15Place the peppers in the jar and fill the jar with 50% Olive Oil and 50% Canola Oil.
- 16Top off the jar with a sprikle coating of Parmesan cheese.
- 17Let soak a minimum of one week.
- 18I let them soak and store them at room temperature.
- 19You may want to refrigerate for longer shelf life.
- 20(I've had shelf life in excess of one month) ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Stuffed Cherry Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 48.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: