Recipe by Manami
This is great in the summer and it can also be made year round with frozen berries. I used mango sorbet from the store but there are a couple of recipes that sounded great. They are #113838 and #133083. This was originally found in Cooking Light, January 1999 but I have added to it and changed it too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint (optional)
- 1 cup mango sorbet or 1 cup lime sherbet
- mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl, also add chopped mint now.
- Cover the strawberry mixture, and chill 2 hours.
- Spoon 1/2 cup strawberry mixture into each of 2 dessert bowls, and top each serving with 1/2 cup mango sorbet.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.