Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I made a few years ago. This is from Jean-Francois Plante.
Make and share this Marinated Steaks With Beer and 4 Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (8 ounce) rump steak (or any steak you want)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 french shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pepper, cracked (a blend of four pepper is requested)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place steaks in a shallow pan or in an hermetic bag. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade. Pour on the steaks, cover or close the bag. Let marinate in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade (keep the marinade). Drain well and set aside.
- Pour the marinade in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add beef consomme and let simmer 5 minutes at medium heat. Add the cream and let simmer again 5 minutes or until the sauce has thicken and is creamy.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt the butter with the oil. Brown the steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side for rare. (you can cook them on the barbecue I guess).
- Serve the steaks with sauce on top. These steaks are great with mashed potatoes.
My family enjoyed this, but wasn't ecstatic about it like many of the marinated steak recipes I have made from recipezaar. I am sure it is just personal taste; it was definitely overly peppered for our tastes; next time I might cut that in half. Secondly, the sauce never thickened for me; so I might not have done something correct as well. I can definitely see how others might enjoy this more than I did. I served it with baked potato, salad, and sauteed mushrooms. I cooked the steak on the grill.