This is a recipe I made a few years ago. This is from Jean-Francois Plante.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) rump steak (or any steak you want)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 french shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pepper, cracked (a blend of four pepper is requested)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces beef consomme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1Place steaks in a shallow pan or in an hermetic bag. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade. Pour on the steaks, cover or close the bag. Let marinate in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove the steaks from the marinade (keep the marinade). Drain well and set aside.
- 4Pour the marinade in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add beef consomme and let simmer 5 minutes at medium heat. Add the cream and let simmer again 5 minutes or until the sauce has thicken and is creamy.
- 5Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt the butter with the oil. Brown the steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side for rare. (you can cook them on the barbecue I guess).
- 6Serve the steaks with sauce on top. These steaks are great with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Steaks With Beer and 4 Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.8
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.7 mg
- Sodium 661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 52.0 g