1/1 Photo of Marinated Steaks With Asparagus Topped With Garlic Breadcrumbs A
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is a wonderful steak marinade. Tastes great and is super easy to do. I top steaks with a large mushroom and caramelised onion. On the side fresh asparagus topped with garlic breadcrumbs and chopped eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (200 -300 g) filet of beef, 200-300g each
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
For the Mushrooms
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (approximate amount enough to sprinkle over mushrooms.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (Again approximate amount.)
- 20 g butter
- 5 -6 small red onions, sliced thinly
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Combine all the marinade ingredients, add steaks cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. (Preferably overnight turning occasionally).
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 3Place mushrooms in baking dish drizzle with oil, sprinkle with garlic and lemon pepper. Bake, uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender.
- 4Melt the butter in a pan and cook onion until soft and browned slightly. Cook stirring occasionally about 20 Min's or until onions are browned and mixture has thickened.
- 5Cook the steaks on the BBQ, Under the grill of in a large pan until desired doneness. Depending on thickness cooking time will vary, generally, sear each steak 1-2 minutes a side, then cook for a further 4-5 minutes a side for medium rare.
- 6To serve: Top each steak with a mushroom and a little caramelised onion with asparagus on the side.
- 7Method for the asparagus:.
- 8Melt half the butter and honey in a pan, add garlic and breadcrumbs, cook stirring until breadcrumbs are crisp.
- 9Boil, Steam or microwave asparagus until just tender, drain.
- 10Serve asparagus drizzled with remaining melted butter and honey, scatter breadcrumb mixture, chopped egg and parsley over the top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Steaks With Asparagus Topped With Garlic Breadcrumbs A
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.6 mg
- Sodium 325.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef
lemon pepper seasoning