Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Monkey on Foodgasms.com
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml high-quality root beer
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml teriyaki sauce
- 29.58 ml steak sauce (such as Heinz 57Â )
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml onion salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml ground thyme
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 4 (680.38 g) rib eye steaks
- Stir the canola oil, root beer, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, steak sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, black pepper, basil, thyme, and rosemary together in a bowl.
- Pierce the steaks in several places on both sides; arrange in a single layer in a shallow non-reactive dish.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, flipping the meat to coat both sides.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours, flipping meat once halfway through.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and shake off excess moisture; discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the steaks until they are beginning to firm, and are hot and slightly pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium.