Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Mmm! Made these for dinner tonight and served with Recipezaar's Greek salad and a small baked potato. Excellent dinner!
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 4 pieces and place in a plastic bag.
- Set bag in a deep bowl.
- Add sliced onion, garlic, pepper and sherry to bag.
- Close bag tightly and turn to coat meat.
- Marinate in the fridge for 8 to 24 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- Drain steaks well, reserving marinade.
- Place on an unheated rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn steaks, broil 5 to 6 minutes more or till desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, add enough water to reserved marinade to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan combine marinade, mushrooms, parsley, cornstarch, and bouillon granules.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly, cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Place steaks on a hot platter.
- Spoon sauce over steaks.