This steak has great flavor from the marinade, especially if you leave it overnight. And the Blue cheese mixture is great on other things as well, yumm!
- 453.59 g boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 29.58 ml soft fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- Trim the fat off the steak and place it in a zip lock bag.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine, pepper, the 1 teaspoons garlic, the salt, and mustard.
- Pour marinade over steak in the bag and seal. Turn bag to coat steak and marinate in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak to desired doneness.
- While steak is cooking, in a small bowl combine the green onions, blue cheese, goat cheese, and the 1/2 teaspoons garlic.
- To serve, dollop some of the cheese mixture over the steak. Thinly slice the meat across the grain and pass around the extra blue cheese mixture.