Recipe by suprachic
This is really two separate recipes but I make this as one dish because it all works so well together. It takes a little time but it's so worth it. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs steak (sirloin, ribeye, flank steak all work well if cooked correctly)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces penne pasta (half a box)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley and roughly chopped garlic cloves in a blender or food processor. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until thoroughly mixed. Pour over steak, cover and marinate for 4 to 6 hours. Grill steak or pan sear it, whichever you prefer. It is delicious both ways.
- Cook penne according to package directions, salting the water liberally before boiling. Drain but do not rinse.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for a few minutes, careful not to burn it. Add cream and milk, turn heat to medium high and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Lower heat and whisk in parmesan cheese and black pepper. Serve over penne and alongside marinated steak.