Prep 1 hr
Cook 18 mins
This is one of those do ahead (if you want) recipes that's easy, yet very tasty. I like making it on the bar-b-que in my Mesh Chef's Pan and serving over steamed rice. The filet is just a preference of mine, but I'm sure you can use just about any beef cut you prefer.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large zucchini, cut on the diagional in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 lbs boneless filet mignon, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil until the brown sugar is disolved.
- Add the beef, bell pepper and zuchinni and stir to coat evenly. (it is best to add the green peppers just before grilling) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Prepare a medium hot fire in a grill.
- Set the Mesh Chef's Pan (which is what I use) on a cookie sheet or large bowl to catch any excess marinade.
- Remove the beef and vegetables from the marinade and place in Mesh Chef's Pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the 1 T of sesame seeds and the green onions.
- Close the pan lid and set the pan on the grill directly over the heat.
- Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the peppers and zuchinni are tender and the beef is done to your liking, about 18 minutes for medium-well.
- Transfer the beef and vegetables to a warmed platter or individual plates and serve immediately.
- May be served over steamed rice, if desired.