Recipe by Cook4_6
This recipe is from our local golf club. Fabulous, but rich!
Top Review by Loveydose
I wanted to like this but it just didn't happen. I followed the recipe exactly EXCEPT our grocery store doesn't carry smoked mozzarella! That disappointed me and the ladies working the deli station could not even tell me what cheese to use as a substitute....I am no chef but decided to use smoked provolone and perhaps that is what went wrong for me . That is the only smoked white cheese that was available. This recipe is probably good but I might never know because of the cheese problem. It is probably all my fault that we didn't like it because think about it "with smoked mozzarella" from the title should say it all.
Marinade for Steak
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Smoked Mozzarella Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup roasted garlic
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 sprig thyme
- 5 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of packed chopped washed escarole
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb of cooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces marinated top sirloin steaks or 1 strip steak
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate steak for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- To prepare Smoked Mozzarella sauce sautee vegetables in olive oil until translucent, add tomato puree, wine, soy sauce, and reduce by a quarter. Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Whisk in smoked mozzarella and heavy whipping cream until thick and bubbly. Strain.
- In a large sauté pan on Medium High Heat, add oil until warm. Add escarole, garlic.
- And sugar and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add white wine. Braise the escarole until soft and all the wine is evaporated.
- Grill marinated steak to desired temperature. Slice.
- Add roasted peppers and 1 1/2 cups smoked mozzarella sauce. Simmer until thickened and toss is cooked pasta. Stir to coat. Add sliced marinated steak to the top and garnish with Parmesan cheese and green onions.