Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister made this for a family function. I got her to give me the recipe. I know there are alot of marinades on here for steaks, but this just had a great flavor and seems to be different from most marinades.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs steak (I use sirloin)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients, except the steak, in a ziptop bag. Shake to combine well and then add the steak. Marinade the steak overnight if possible, or at least 6-8 hours, for best flavor.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Put steak on hot grill to get great grill marks and seal in juices. Flip and grill other side and cooked to desired doneness.
- Hint - I baste mine with leftover marinade while grilling for more intense flavor. If you want to do this then save 1/4 cup of marinade prior to putting steak in ziptop bag for marinating.
We loved the flavor and there is not need for steak sauce. You have to love that. I was having problems with my grill (just didn't want to get really hot). The steak was so tender that it was hard to cut. I like the added smoke flavor that the liquid smoke gave the steak. This is a keeper and will be made often. Thanks for posting.:)
When cooking a nice, thick strip steak, you want to use a good marinade. This recipe fits the bill. I made the marinade exactly as written and marinated a 1-inch thick strip steak overnight. Just before putting the steak on the grill, I sprinkled a little cajun seasoning on the steak. Yum! My steak was perfect and delicious. Thanks for another great recipe. Made for September, 2008 Bevy Tag.
DH thanks you! He gets red meat very seldom since I do not eat it! My rule is if I cook- I eat! lol So he either cooks the red meat or he is such a good boy I throw the rule out and cook it for him. :) He must have been a good boy! lol He absolutely adored this. I followed your recipe to a T with a ribeye steak. Marinated for 8 hrs- 10 am to 6 pm. Grilled it over high heat to a perfect medium rare. Basted with the marinade once. What a happy boy he is right now! lol I am happy to because since it was marinated in a ziploc bag I can throw it away- no dish to wash :) Thanks for a great and easy recipe Diner! *Made for Bev Tag- QI beer and a cool kitchen! *