Recipe by Latchy
This is a Jamie Oliver recipe which I find quick and easy to do and it tastes great too. Get your fishmonger to clean and score the squid and you prep time is nothing
- 6 medium squid, gutted and cleaned
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, about
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the squid and score it in a criss cross pattern.
- This will allow your marinade to get right in there.
- In a hot frying pan or over a bbq sear and char the squid.
- It should take about a minute for the white flesh and a little longer for the tentacles.
- Remove and slice up the white flesh of each squid into 3 or 4 pieces, leaving the tentacles whole.
- Put the rest of the ingredients, except the herbs, into a bowl, then add the squid while still hot and toss everything together.
- Just before serving, throw in your herbs and check again for seasoning.