Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a Jamie Oliver recipe which I find quick and easy to do and it tastes great too. Get your fishmonger to clean and score the squid and you prep time is nothing
- 6 medium squid, gutted and cleaned
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, about
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, torn
- Clean the squid and score it in a criss cross pattern.
- This will allow your marinade to get right in there.
- In a hot frying pan or over a bbq sear and char the squid.
- It should take about a minute for the white flesh and a little longer for the tentacles.
- Remove and slice up the white flesh of each squid into 3 or 4 pieces, leaving the tentacles whole.
- Put the rest of the ingredients, except the herbs, into a bowl, then add the squid while still hot and toss everything together.
- Just before serving, throw in your herbs and check again for seasoning.
Always looking for other ways to cook squid and usually just make it up. It is good for someone to help me out. Tried it and its yummy
We stir-fry the chilli and ginger first, add the chick peas and lemon juice and set aside. Stir-fry the squid, mix with the already cooked ingredients, add the herbs and serve over pasta. Deelishus!