Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I marked in the TOH magazine to try. I love trying all different kinds of marinades and this sounds really different. Can also try subbing chicken for the steak. Will update once I make this for dinner.
Top Review by Noo
A ridiculously simple marinade that produces excellent results.
I used porterhouse steaks and left them to marinade all day. Unfortunately, the weather here has been atrocious recently...so bad that even grilling undercover wasn't an option...so I pan fried my steaks. So delicious!!!
The steak was beautifully tender, and full of flavour...a pretty good payback for the five minutes I spent making up the marinade!!
Next time I will cut the marinade ratio in half, as like others, I found that it made tons!!
A great recipe that we totally enjoyed..thanks diner..another winner from you!
Made for PRMR.
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Note: I usually baste the steak with the marinade for the first turns to really get the flavors into the meat and then discard it while it finishes cooking.