Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olives or 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1 lemon, cut in slices
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Drain well; peel and devein.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients. Cover bowl and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve, place in a serving dish; garnish with decorative lemon slices.