1 hr 5 mins
"Scampi Marinati con Capellini" from The Lighter Side of Italy - the clean, crisp marinade of white wine, lemon, and dijon make this a perfect summer dinner with a green salad and glass of white wine. :o) Marinade can be made a few days ahead and stored in fridge. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, large,peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine (drinking quality)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best for this)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- 1In medium non-metallic bowl, combine shrimp with all remaining ingredients except pasta.
- 2Marinate at room temp for 30 minutes.
- 3Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- 4Place reserved marinade in lg skillet and bring to boil over med-high heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 5While marinade is reducing, bring 8 cups water to boil; prepare to do next two steps simultaneously (will want to wait until sauce is nearly reduced to put pasta into boiling water).
- 6Cook pasta until tender-firm, approx 3-4 minute.
- 7As soon as pasta is placed in boiling water, add shrimp back into simmering marinade, so that pasta and shrimp are cooking at same time.
- 8Toss shrimp continuously in marinade until hot, firm, and opaque; do not overcook!
- 9Drain pasta and place on warm platter; top with shrimp and marinade.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Shrimp With Angel-hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g