Recipe by winkki
"Scampi Marinati con Capellini" from The Lighter Side of Italy - the clean, crisp marinade of white wine, lemon, and dijon make this a perfect summer dinner with a green salad and glass of white wine. :o) Marinade can be made a few days ahead and stored in fridge. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, large,peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine (drinking quality)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best for this)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces capellini (angel-hair pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium non-metallic bowl, combine shrimp with all remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Marinate at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Place reserved marinade in lg skillet and bring to boil over med-high heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- While marinade is reducing, bring 8 cups water to boil; prepare to do next two steps simultaneously (will want to wait until sauce is nearly reduced to put pasta into boiling water).
- Cook pasta until tender-firm, approx 3-4 minute.
- As soon as pasta is placed in boiling water, add shrimp back into simmering marinade, so that pasta and shrimp are cooking at same time.
- Toss shrimp continuously in marinade until hot, firm, and opaque; do not overcook!
- Drain pasta and place on warm platter; top with shrimp and marinade.
- Serve at once.