Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Scampi Marinati con Capellini" from The Lighter Side of Italy - the clean, crisp marinade of white wine, lemon, and dijon make this a perfect summer dinner with a green salad and glass of white wine. :o) Marinade can be made a few days ahead and stored in fridge. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, large,peeled and deveined
- 1 cup dry white wine (drinking quality)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best for this)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces capellini (angel-hair pasta)
- In medium non-metallic bowl, combine shrimp with all remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Marinate at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Place reserved marinade in lg skillet and bring to boil over med-high heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- While marinade is reducing, bring 8 cups water to boil; prepare to do next two steps simultaneously (will want to wait until sauce is nearly reduced to put pasta into boiling water).
- Cook pasta until tender-firm, approx 3-4 minute.
- As soon as pasta is placed in boiling water, add shrimp back into simmering marinade, so that pasta and shrimp are cooking at same time.
- Toss shrimp continuously in marinade until hot, firm, and opaque; do not overcook!
- Drain pasta and place on warm platter; top with shrimp and marinade.
- Serve at once.
Yum! This is light, tasty and easy. I'm not sure you even need to marinate the shrimp, as there is plenty of flavor going on here. Thx Winkki