Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made these, but they look fantastic in the photo I have! Cute for a small dinner party or romantic dinner. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 12 small peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- minced cilantro (garnish)
- Combine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and saute the shrimp with half of the onion slices and all of the garlic, and saute until shrimp are just done.
- Be careful not to overcook them!
- Discard the onion and garlic.
- Add the shrimp to the vinegar mixture along with the jalapeno and the rest of the vegetable oil and onion slices.
- Cover and chill overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits.
- Cut the curved sides of the avocado halves so that they will sit flat on their backs.
- Scoop out enough avocado to make a well to hold the salsa, onions, and shrimp.
- Set the scooped out avocado aside.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon salsa into each avocado half.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift and drain shrimp, onion, and pepper and place into avocado halves.
- Garnish with cilantro, chopped tomato, and the chopped avocado innards.
- Drizzle with a bit of the marinade.