Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A lady I worked with many years ago gave me a recipe box filled with her recipes (she was a wonderful cook). This was one of her recipes. Great for a dinner party.
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp (I buy the frozen, pre-cooked)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 -2 large peeled cucumber
- 1 box garlic melba rounds
- Marinated cooked shrimp for 1 hour in dressing in the refrigerator.
- Drain and place shrimp on individual slices of cucumbers then place this on the Melba Rounds and top with dabs of sour cream.
- Arrange on serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Very attractive, tasty, healthy appetizer that is a snap to put together. They were part of my Christmas Eve smorgaasbord Enjoyed by all Thanks Denise in NH for posting
I too made this appetizer as the picture showed with the shrimp head's dipped into the sour cream. They not only looked beautiful on the plate, but they are just delicious and were enjoyed by all. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
Delicious and attractive appetizer. I put the sour cream between the shrimp and cucumber, rather than on top, and made a couple of changes to use what I had on hand. Instead of the garlic melba rounds, I used baguette slices I had brushed with garlic olive oil and toasted; I only had large uncooked shrimp on hand, but since they cook so quickly, it really didn't add much to the overall time involved. Thanks for posting the recipe!