Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter shared this recipe with me years ago when she included it in her New Year's Eve buffet. The fact that it's "make ahead", is simple and light and presents so beautifully ---- to say nothing of delicious ---- make it a real winner for entertaining.
- 2 -3 avocados, sliced
- 2 lbs cooked shelled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups salad oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Put into large bowl:.
- 2 to 3 avocados, sliced.
- 2 pounds cooked, shelled, deveined shrimp.
- Blend the following and pour over:.
- 2 cups salad oil.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped.
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- 1 cup cottage cheese.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve over combination of:.
- 1 bunch spinach.
- 1 head romaine lettuce.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce.
- Sprinkle over top:
- 1 pound crumbled bacon.
Recipe is for a large size group- if you want to make tis for your family I recommend changing the size portion to make it for 3-4 people. This meal will not save overnight in the fridge. Make sure you marinate it overnight, otherwise it will taste a little bland. I alos liked it when I grilled the onions so that some of the bitterness of fresh onions was removed. Do not use lime juice as a substitute for lemon!!