Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Healthy and pretty on the plate. Prep time includes marinating time which can be from 2 to 8 hours. Serve this over rice. Original recipe from Taos Recipe Cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- teriyaki sauce
- 12 skewers, soaked in water
- On 12 skewers alternately place the shrimp, scallops, onions, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- In a large shallow, non-metalic pan, large enough to lay the skewers flat, mix the ale through salt and pepper together and lay the brochettes in the marinade, turning occasionally.
- Grill on each side for about 3 minutes. Serve the brochettes with rice and a side dish of Teriyake Sauce.