Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe is so pretty and refreshing looking. I wish that I could post a picture of it! Prep. time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, cored,seeded and cut into short fine strips
- 1 teaspoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 lbs cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, salt, peppers and cayenne in mixing bowl.
- Lightly beat together with a wire whisk.
- Add the scallions, garlic, sweet peppers, capers and celery and stir to mix.
- Fold in the shrimp.
- Cover closely and marinate in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours.
- Discard the garlic before serving (unless you can eat garlic like I can).
- If desired, serve in lettuce leaf cups.