This appetizer can have a nice little kick (or not if you prefer).
Make and share this Marinated Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large shrimp (uncooked and easy peel)
- 1 -2 cup water (enough water to cover shrimp by one inch)
- 1 medium sized jalapeno (deseeded, deveined, and chopped finely, optional ingredient!)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped finely)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt (kosher)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup seafood cocktail sauce, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon chives (dried or fresh)
- Using a medium sauce pot, place the shrimp in 1 inch (or more) cover the shrimp.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and immediately remove from heat. Set aside 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse the shrimp under cold water to stop the cooking and put into a bowl.
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise, devein and deseed. Place in a bowl with the shrimp.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of water, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead.
- On day serving, drain the shrimp. Toss with Old Bay if using. Add different sized crackers and a tooth pick. Put dipping sauce beside the shrimp. Sprinkle chives on top.