1/1 Photo of Marinated Shrimp
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
This appetizer can have a nice little kick (or not if you prefer).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp (uncooked and easy peel)
- 1 -2 cup water (enough water to cover shrimp by one inch)
- 1 medium sized jalapeno (deseeded, deveined, and chopped finely, optional ingredient!)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt (kosher)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup seafood cocktail sauce, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon chives (dried or fresh)
- 1Using a medium sauce pot, place the shrimp in 1 inch (or more) cover the shrimp.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and immediately remove from heat. Set aside 1 minute.
- 4Drain and rinse the shrimp under cold water to stop the cooking and put into a bowl.
- 5Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise, devein and deseed. Place in a bowl with the shrimp.
- 6Toss with 1/2 cup of water, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- 7Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead.
- 8On day serving, drain the shrimp. Toss with Old Bay if using. Add different sized crackers and a tooth pick. Put dipping sauce beside the shrimp. Sprinkle chives on top.
Browse Our Top Spicy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 2412.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce