Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A wonderful holiday appetizer.
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Pour into large deep skillet.
- Add wine, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat 10-15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.
I thought this was just okay. I tried to make it exactly as written (using medium, 26-30 count white shrimp, which I defrosted and then shelled; and Charles Shaw Chardonnay). I refrigerated the first mixture for 3.5 hours, then added the remaining ingredients. But I was then distracted for 2 more hours, so everything marinated a lot longer than written. Is it possible to over-marinate? Anyway, I cooked it and I thought the taste was just okay. I will say that I thought there was way too much liquid here. If I make this again, with the right timing, I'll cut the wine and olive oil in half.