Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ideal for a cocktail buffet, these shrimp are quite flavorful without any sauce. Serve with toothpicks.
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove shrimp from pan. Repeat with remaining olive oil and remaining shrimp.