Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Saveur a few years ago and have made it quite often since then. Use your favorite oil and vinegar type dressing or the one given below. I like to use Penzey's Greek Style dressing for this. ( Cooking time does not include the time to cook/thaw the shrimp nor the chilling time )
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup green olives
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 -4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 6 -8 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Make your dressing of choice. If using the one above, put the thyme, vinegar and oil in a jar. Seal the jar and shake well to blend.
- In a large bowl place the minced garlic and about 1/3 cup of dressing. Mix it around a bit and let sit while chopping the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the celery, onions and olives to the dressing bowl and mix well. Taste it. Yummy, huh?.
- Add the cooked shrimp and enough remaining dressing to coat well. Toss until you can't toss no more. Season to taste with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until well chilled. Of course, it is better the next day if it lasts that long.
Oh boy! This was awesome. I'm a shrimp lover, and this was a nice "light" way to have them.I will be making this often!I did add a squeeze of lime juice,and some capers to mine.Thanks Freya, this one rocked!