Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Marinated Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons seafood sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (tobasco)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked,peeled and deveined
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in large bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to serving bowl and serve with toothpicks.
I had 2½ pounds of extra large shrimp, and I had to almost triple the marinade recipe. Also, I added lemon juice and lots of garlic powder to the steaming water. Then I took them to a potluck birthday party and they were a huge hit. I could probably have gotten away with SELLING your recipe!!!
I made this recipe for a party and everyone raved. I had 2 lbs (35 to 40 per pound)of shrimp and had to double the recipe. I also cut the hot sauce in half but I don't think I really would have had to do this because it wasn't that spicy. I made it the night before which enhanced the flavor even more and helped ease some of the work the day of the party. This recipe will surely be included in most of the parties that I give from now on.
very easy recipe, especially great on a hot day. wonderful flavor. everyone wanted the recipe.