1/1 Photo of Marinated Shell Steaks With Pan-Fried Sweet Potatoes
With a little green veggie on the side (maybe some broccoli), this twist on class meat and potatoes provides a quick, tasty dinner. The steak should marinate at least 30 minutes, which is not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) beef shell steaks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, pared, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Whisk first 6 ingredients together in mixing bowl. Place steaks in shallow glass baking dish and pour marinade over top. Turn several times to coat completely. Refrigerate covered at least 30 minutes.
- 2Heat butter and remaining 2 T. oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, turning frequently, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- 3Heat broiler or grill.
- 4Broil steaks about 4 inches from heat 5 minutes (or grill); turn and broil second side 3 minutes for medium-rate. Serve at once with potatoes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Shell Steaks With Pan-Fried Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.5
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.2 mg
- Sodium 1490.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 47.4 g