Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite fish recipe. The combination of ginger and the cilantro is to die for. Just add some white rice and a rum punch and you'll think you're on a Caribbean vacation! Although the recipe says Sea Bass, you can use any mild flavored fish and have excellent results. I've tried this with grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi and cod. The recipe calls for 4 hours or marinating time, but I often only have about an hour - and it tastes great just the same! The recipe is from La Jolla Cooks, a fundraising cookbook for La Jolla Country Day School
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon or 14.79 ml lime juice
- 4.92 ml ginger, finely grated
- 118.29 ml cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml lemons or 4.92 ml lime zest
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 907.18 g sea bass fillets or 907.18 g grouper fillets
- Mix all ingredients together in a shallow non-reactive container.
- Marinate fish in mixture for 4 hours, spooning some of the mixture over the fish.
- Grill fillets on the grill or on a hot griddle.
- Baste with marinade on both sides until fish is cooked. (Don't use marinade on COOKED fish).
Very tasty, mild, delicate and buttery fish with subtle flavors of ginger and lemon. I only marinated it for two hours in fear the lemon would "cook" the fish as in ceviche, however, it still absorbed a nice flavor. I seared the skin in a skillet on the stove, and basted the fish with the marinade, then I finished it in the oven for a few minutes until done. Made for Mike and the Appliance Killers ZWT9.
Just delicious! I marinated for 2 1/2 hours, and this turned out great. I cut it down for 2 fillets, and think I should not have decreased the marinade as much. It didn't really cover the fish. That being said, I flipped my fish every 30 minutes, and made sure each side was covered and it turned out spectacular. I grilled it outside using a fish basket, and it took no time to prepare....easy and delicious! I love ginger, cilantro, and lemon and this recipe was perfect for me. I'll definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag!
One of the best fish recipes I have tried! Great flavor, but not overpowering. I used cod with lemon. I will try it again next week with sea bass and lime. This will go into regular rotation. Thanks for sharing a great recipe with us.