Recipe by French Tart
Delectable and divine.........fresh Scottish Salmon doused in Scotch Whisky!! Makes a very elegant starter or a light supper/lunch dish. Serve with thin slices of good brown bread and freshly churned butter........reward yourself with another wee dram!
- 8 ounces boned tail salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon on a plate and freeze for 1 hour.
- Using a very sharp knife slice the fish as finely as possible across the grain. Lay the slices in a single layer on a plate.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and whisky and then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the sugar and then the herbs.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight if possible), basting with the juices two or three times before serving with lemon wedges, thinly sliced brown bread and butter.