Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Delectable and divine.........fresh Scottish Salmon doused in Scotch Whisky!! Makes a very elegant starter or a light supper/lunch dish. Serve with thin slices of good brown bread and freshly churned butter........reward yourself with another wee dram!
- 8 ounces boned tail salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Place the salmon on a plate and freeze for 1 hour.
- Using a very sharp knife slice the fish as finely as possible across the grain. Lay the slices in a single layer on a plate.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and whisky and then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the sugar and then the herbs.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight if possible), basting with the juices two or three times before serving with lemon wedges, thinly sliced brown bread and butter.
We enjoyed this as directed in the recipe. We also added capers and small pickles as toppings! Thanks for posting, made for Photo Tag Game.