Recipe by heather in Ont,
The kiwi-mango relish with cilantro adds a wonderful flavour to this easy salmon recipe. If you are not fond of cilantro you will want to cut back a bit as it can be strong. It does not take a lot of time to prepare. My 12 year old made this for dinner one night (with very little supervision) and did a fantastic job. She found this recipe in my Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Erindipity
This was almost a 5 star recipe. Just a couple of minor changes and I think it would be perfect. First, I had issues witht he salmon burning, I would recommend turning the heat down when you cook the fish. Second, the salsa needed a jalapeno. I just thought it was missing that extra little kick to make it perfect. Really, it was a very good recipe though and both my husband and I really enjoyed it.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup cubed peeled kiwi fruit
- 1⁄2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salmon, combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip lock plastic bag.
- Add fish to bag and seal.
- Marinate for 10- 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While fish marinates, heat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over med high heat.
- Remove fish from bag, discarding marinade.
- Coat pan with cookin spray.
- Add fish, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, prepare the relish.
- Combine Kiwi and the remaining ingredients.
- Serve over fish.