Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful marinated salad for brunches or buffets.
- 1 (17 ounce) can le seuer peas, drained
- 1 (17 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- Bring sugar, salt, vinegar, pepper, and salad oil to a boil.
- Meantime, combine vegetables, tossing lightly.
- Pour liquid dressing over the vegetables.
- Stir gently to blend.
- Cover and chill overnight.
My husband really enjoyed this. I thought it needed more color and added some very thin slices of baby carrots. Next time I will use chopped red bell pepper instead of green, both for color as well as its sweeter flavor. Thanks!