Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for the summer barbecue! Serve with rice, a light pasta salad, or grilled corn. I like to make it when my Rosemary is overflowing since he fresh Rosemary is key. Great summer eating!
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, and rosemary. Place the chicken and lemon slices in the bag. Seal, and shake to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade, and grill chicken 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Don't worry about the rosemary sticking to the chicken, it tastes great when it's grilled. If you use fresh rosemary sprigs, throw the stems onto the coals - they give the chicken even more of a smoky rosemary flavor!
Well, It is the usual "I didn't have the ingredients---". but substituted lime juice and slices, for lemon ( which I was surprised NOT to have ! )-- and used boneless, skinless chicken thighs ! It was easy and VERY tasty with the fresh rosemary from the gargen - and kind of "seviced" from marinating in the lime juice -- so very tender. Made a nice dinner. Thanks, Little Bee !
Very good recipe! Just a tad too lemony for us. The recipe didn't say what to do with the garlic powder & salt & pepper so I just added it to the marinade. The rosemary sprigs make the chicken look as great as it tastes! The meat is very tender.