Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Clean out your vegetable bin and serve a gourmet-quality side dish! This one is really a no-brainer and you'll love the subtle boost in the hearty flavor of these roasted vegetables. I have listed specific vegetables, but use whatever you have, including cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, parsnips, etc. Preparation time includes 2 hours of marinating time. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, medium-sized, peeled and halved
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 2 medium onions, peeled and halved
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (I like Heinz)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder, tomato flavored (look in Mexican aisle at grocery)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Blend all ingredients except for the vegetables in a large mixing bowl to make the marinade. Pour in the vegetables and stir them around so that they get initially coated with marinade.
- Marinate the vegetables in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Place the vegetables, with all the marinade, in an 9" x 13" (or larger) casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake on the middle rack in a pre-heated oven at 375-degrees F. for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- TIP: Sometimes the potatoes and carrots I use in this recipe are a little flaccid -- so, to fix that problem, all I do is soak them in really cold water (after they're peeled) for about 2 hours before marinating and they crisp right up!