Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from the Blood Type Diet website. I don't particularly agree with the premise of the diet, but there are some good recipes on the website. Marinating time not included in prep or cooking times. This would be a good recipe for OAMC.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 lbs chicken legs (other chicken pieces will work as well)
- Puree all marinade ingedients in blender or food processor.
- Put chicken in large ziplocs and pour marinade over.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once or twice.
- Roast on rack in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is done and skin is crisp.
- Cool slightly and freeze in ziplocs.
- Remove as many as you need at a time.
- These can be reheated from frozen state in the microwave (1 minute, turn, 1 minute-- for two pieces), or thaw overnight and reheat in oven.
Fantastic!!!! I made the recipe as written and wouldn't change a thing! I marinated mine for about 16 hours which was long enough. My chicken was not getting done after about 40 minutes, so I basted the legs with oil and kicked up the oven to 400 for another 15 minutes and they were done perfectly. So much flavor!! I think this marinade would be great on chicken wings too. UPDATE: I gave the leftovers to my neighbor and she just called asking for the recipe. . .said they were awesome to say the least. Made for AUS/NZ June 2009 recipe swap. I just made this recipe again, only marinating the chicken legs for 8 hours, then grilled them. YUMMY. We love this recipe! I made them yet AGAIN and this time used chicken wing (drummies only). Marinated them for about 5 hours and then maked them on a baking rack (over a cookie sheet) for 45 minutes at 350 and they were nice and crispy and tasty!
I hate to give this recipe only 3 stars after others left 5 star reviews. I made these with drumsticks exactly as the recipe stated. They marinated for about 20 hours, baked for 50 minutes. It was only just OK. Hubby says there was missing a little sweetness. Of my 3 kids, 2 ate all their chicken, but didn't like it more than that. 3rd child took one bite and left the rest (she is my pickiest eater, so I don't go by her tastes!). So there you have it. Marinade was OK, but nothing special.
I used bone in chicken thighs for this recipe, and they turned out wonderfully moist with a crispy skin. I was a little scared of all the citrus juice in the marinade. I was afraid it might "cook" the chicken if left too long, and was afraid of a strong citrus taste. Although there is a hint of citrus in the chicken, it's not overpowering at all. These turned out very nice. Thanks for sharing your recipe!