Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy marinade for delicious, tender steaks. I found it in Taste of Home magazine.
Make and share this Marinated Rib Eye Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) rib eye steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Remove 1/2 cup marinade and refrigerate.
- Pierce steaks several times on both sides with a fork; place in an 11X7 glass dish.
- Pour remaining marinade over steaks; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove steaks, discarding marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for rate, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees; medium 160, well done 170).
- Warm reserved marinade and serve with steaks.
Excellent marinade! Very juice and tender rib eyes! Will definitely make this again and again!! I only marinated my steaks about 5 hours and could not have been better!
A bit spicier than I had intended (kids weren't thrilled about these "they are spicy mummy") and my husband thought it to be okay but not great. I enjoyed them (hence the 4 stars rather than 3). Overall, if you are making steaks for little ones, this might not be the right recipe for you, but if you are cooking for adults - go for it! Thanks for posting.
Fantastic! Juicy tender steaks after marinating only 4 hours. Definitely a keeper.