Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is an easy marinade for delicious, tender steaks. I found it in Taste of Home magazine.
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) rib eye steaks (about 1 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Remove 1/2 cup marinade and refrigerate.
- Pierce steaks several times on both sides with a fork; place in an 11X7 glass dish.
- Pour remaining marinade over steaks; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove steaks, discarding marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4-8 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for rate, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees; medium 160, well done 170).
- Warm reserved marinade and serve with steaks.