Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I simply could not get enough queso fresco while in Costa Rica this summer. Its similar to mozzarella in flavor, but firmer and very versatile. It is also called farmer's cheese and is available in most grocery stores. A great little snack or appetizer- try it with other Mexican-themed dishes!
- Cut the Queso Fresco into 3/4-1 inch cubes.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine all ingredients except cheese.
- (If you want, you could throw them in the food processor for ease).
- Stir to combine.
- Then add the cheese, toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temp for 2 hours before serving.
- However, this can marinate for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Yum yum! I doubled this recipe using the 2-lb pack of queso fresco from Costco (such a good deal) and served it at my 2013 Superbowl party. Delicious! Some folks said it tasted like pizza, others thought it had a nice spicy kick to it... but everyone seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was a nice, unexpected little appetizer and very easy to make.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I love queso fresco to begin with and the flavors added in with this recipe didn't overpower the cheese, but complimented it. I will make this one again. Thanks for posting.