This is a warm marinated salad that I make often. It is so good! I often make a meal of just this salad by itself, and some good bread. I hope you will give it a try, you won't be disappointed It is colorful as well as tasty and travels well too because of no mayo. It is best served warm or room temperature.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Gently boil new potatoes in a saucepan until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Steam green beans in a steamer basket until tender.
- Drain under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Cut warm potatoes into quarters and add all vegetables and potatoes to a medium bowl.
- Pour all the dressing over the potatoes and vegetables and mix gently to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve this salad warm or room temperature.
We love this! I've tried many green bean-and-potato salads over the years, but they never turned out very good. This is perfect. Have made it 3 times now, once as our entire dinner. Last night was for company, served with bbq chicken -- everyone loved it. I made it about noon and let it sit on the counter (covered) all day. Gave the wonderful marinade time to really infuse the beans & potatoes. Just a note: there is quite a bit of dressing. You could probably cut at least 1/4 of the amounts and still be fine. Thanks for a great recipe!
What a great side dish for dinner! I made it last night and didn't change a thing - it is delightful with just alittle tang to the taste. I made the dressing ahead of time and let it sit, then mixed it with the potatoes and beans and kept them warm in the oven to meld the flavors for about 30 minutes.This will be a favor with us. Carole in Orlando
Great recipe! I have made this twice now and the second time I did modify it a little in a way which I felt took it from delicious to sublime!I sauted half a finely diced yellow onion with some sliced prosciutto ( parma ham ) and stirred this through the salad with some diced roasted red peppers ( as opposed to raw ). As was suggested by others, I halved the oil and vinegar but added the other dressing ingredients in the full quantities as listed. To the dressing I also added half a teaspoon of sugar. Thanks for the recipe . It will definately be a BBQ party regular around here.