Recipe by KelBel
A great vegetarian recipe for any time of year.
Top Review by JusMeLinnie
The marinade really flavored the mushrooms, and made them so delicious. With the other ingredients added, it was fantastic! I might try it with black, Kalamata, or green olive slivers next time, and see how I like it in the hummus. Yummy!
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms in a quart size zip lock bag with oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Marinate for 1 hour, tossing once or twice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil mushrooms for about 4 minutes on each side, stem side down first, then flip.
- Carefully remove from broiler and top each mushroom with 2 tablespoons hummus, a slice of tomato & 1 tablespoon feta.
- Return to broiler and broil for 1 minute longer.