Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A great vegetarian recipe for any time of year.
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Place mushrooms in a quart size zip lock bag with oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Marinate for 1 hour, tossing once or twice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil mushrooms for about 4 minutes on each side, stem side down first, then flip.
- Carefully remove from broiler and top each mushroom with 2 tablespoons hummus, a slice of tomato & 1 tablespoon feta.
- Return to broiler and broil for 1 minute longer.
The marinade really flavored the mushrooms, and made them so delicious. With the other ingredients added, it was fantastic! I might try it with black, Kalamata, or green olive slivers next time, and see how I like it in the hummus. Yummy!
Wonderful! So easy and tasty. I think that marinating them makes a big difference. I also drizzled them with the pan juices to make even more saucy.
I had 6 small portabellas, and made this as a knife and fork appetizer. Roma tomatoes slices fit perfectly on top. I used freshly grated parmesean instead of feta on top. Very good.