Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious burgers that can also be made into miniature size using dinner rolls and served as an appetizer or side dish! Enjoy!
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stem removed
- 1⁄4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 high fiber whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 slices red onions
- 2 slices tomatoes
- Place mushrooms and vinaigrette in a large zip top bag. Zip and lightly run the vinaigrette into the mushrooms. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, drain and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. Place the mushrooms on the grill gill side down and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to grill until mushroom is almost cooked through, about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and drain mushrooms on paper towel, gill side down.
- Place on buns and top with onion, tomato and serve!
This was my first foray into using Portabella mushrooms and it was delicious. The mushrooms were nice and juicy and cooked in just over 5 mins in total (the oven was very hot!) Makes a great dish to start learning to cook with!