Prep 8 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Can be served as an appetizer or main dish. From Southern Living.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 drops hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 dozen party rolls
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup pineapple-orange marmalade or 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 (6 ounce) jar prepared mustard
- 1 (5 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add tenderloins. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning tenderloins occasionally.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade, reserving 1/2 cup marinade; combine reserved marinade and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook tenderloins, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°) about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, turning occasionally and basting with marinade mixture during first 15 minutes of cooking time. Remove from heat; slice and serve warm or chilled with party rolls and Jezebel Sauce.
- Jezebel Sauce:.
- Beat apple jelly in a mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; beat at medium speed until blended. Chill.
Great flavours. The apple cider vinegar with the marinade added a really good taste to the pork. Although the sauce was good (made lots) I didn't find I needed the extra sauce. Thanks for sharing.
I love this recipe. I have cooked this version several times in the past and it's always a hit. I used it for my very small catering service and always got compliments on it.