Recipe by LMillerRN
Can be served as an appetizer or main dish. From Southern Living.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Great flavours. The apple cider vinegar with the marinade added a really good taste to the pork. Although the sauce was good (made lots) I didn't find I needed the extra sauce. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 drops hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 dozen party rolls
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup pineapple-orange marmalade or 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 (6 ounce) jar prepared mustard
- 1 (5 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add tenderloins. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning tenderloins occasionally.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade, reserving 1/2 cup marinade; combine reserved marinade and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook tenderloins, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°) about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, turning occasionally and basting with marinade mixture during first 15 minutes of cooking time. Remove from heat; slice and serve warm or chilled with party rolls and Jezebel Sauce.
- Jezebel Sauce:.
- Beat apple jelly in a mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; beat at medium speed until blended. Chill.