Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pork came out very tender and had an interesting taste, but very good.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 3 pork tenderloin, about 2 lbs total
- In a bowl mix garlic, onion, orange juice, and lime juice.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil until it just begins to smoke. Wear long sleeves and pot holders so you don't burn yourself while you pour the orange juice into the hot oil, very gently.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until onions and garlic are soft. Stir remaining ingredients in (except for pork) and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Put mixture into a blender and blend until combined. Put into a plastic gallon bag and add pork loins. Refrigerate overnight.
- Take pork loins out and wipe off excess stuff, and put on heated grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until fully cooked (about 15 minutes) or thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice pork into medallion sizes and serve.