Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
My local grocery store seems to put pork steaks on sale quite often, so I needed to find some other ways to make them. This makes them a little bit tropical, plus I just love grilled pineapple!!
- Trim the excess fat from the pork steaks, and place them in a large shallow container.
- Drain the pineapple (if using fresh, just sub a can of pineapple juice in the marinade), reserving juice or syrup. Set pineapple slices aside.
- Combine pineapple juice/syrup, onion, soy sauce, oil, corn syrup, and ginger in a small saucepan, stirring well. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour over the pork steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, turning steaks occasionally if possible.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade, reserving marinade. Grill steaks over low to medium coals for 35 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Turn and baste occasionally with the marinade.
- Grill the pineapple slices over medium coals for 1 minute on each side. Garnish the pork steaks with the pineapple slices.
Excellent Marinade. Gave the pork great flavor. Is a keeper. Used pineapple juice and didn't use the pineapple. Thank You. Made for ZWT7~Emerald City Shakers.
This marinade is so tasty. The pork was so good. I had to use molasses instead of corn syrup cause my bottle was too empty and hard to pour. Thanks breezermom :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
Made this for dinner last nite and it was very good!! I marinated for about 8 hours and I think it would even be better if it marinated overnite. All 6 guests said it was a very refreshing taste for pork. Will definitely make again!!!