Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love this recipe because it's easy to fix, and is very tasty. And it makes the meat so tender, no need for a knife. And you have many chioces in flavors, 6 or more. I just saw the ad for this product, the marinade, and had to try it. I cook the meat in the oven, so you have free time to prep or cook the side dishes, or do other things til the meat is done. It's a keeper.
- 2-3 pork steaks
- 1 package mccormick grill mates spicy caribbean marinade
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- I just came across this marinade in the grocery store, in the spice isle, and the flavors caught my eye, so I thought I'd try some.
- I was hooked.
- There are several more flavors available, 6-8 I think, all together.
- The Spicy Caribbean is my favorite.
- It is so good!
- Combine the marinade with 1/4 cup water, 2 tbsp's vegetable oil,& 1 tbsp of vinegar, as package states, in a 3 qt.
- glass casserole baking dish.
- Mix well.
- Put 3 good sized pork steaks into the casserole dish.
- Turn to coat both sides.
- You may want to add more marinade, to adjust for your taste.
- One package may not cover enough, according to the size of the steaks.
- Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer, depending on when you want to cook them.
- I've left them in overnight.
- Then, when you're ready to cook them, I cook them in the oven at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- You can grill or broil them too, if desired.
- This can also be doubled too, 6 steaks, 2 pkgs.
- marinade, etc.
- This is so delicious, so tasty& tender.
- The meat just falls off the bone.
- And you can drain the fat off prior to eating, as well as pat them to rid even more fat.
- And the excess fat on the steaks is easily removed while eating.
- Their is several different flavors of this marinade, but this one is my favorite.
- It is a bit spicy, so be aware.
- But I love the spices in this flavor.
- And you can use beef& chicken as well.
- I love this dish!
- You will too!
- All you need to add is some mashed taters& gravy& a few veggies, and you're ready!
This is an easy recipe with excellent flavor I rarely use ready prepared marinades but this is very good and I will try all their flavors Thanks Randall hope you like the picture. 17 dec 08 Made again this time with Zesty Herb Mmmm good
This is a wonderful recipe. The vinegar makes all the difference. This will be a new family favorite in our house. The meat is so tender that you could cut it with a butter knife. Thanks Randall!