Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from global-recipes.com with some small variations. This needs to marinate for 24 hours, not included in prepartion time.
- The Day Before:.
- Mash the garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Add the hot pepper paste and 1/2 tsp paprika.
- Coat the medallions with this paste and put them in a shallow dish.
- Pour the wine over all, make sure they are all covered.
- Refrigerate over night.
- How to cook them:.
- Remove medallions from the marinade; saving it for later.
- Heat olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions sauteing until brown.
- Add the rest of paprika and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet pour in enough olive oil to 1/2 inch from the bottom.
- Heat to very hot but not smoking.
- Brown the medallions a few at a time without crowding.
- Fry about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve in crusty rolls with the onions.
Love the fact that it was low on calories, and nice and simple. The taste was fantastic, and definately agree that the marinade was fantastic. I did add a dash of pepper to these, this is a great recipe as well as a weight watchers dream too. Made for Recipe Swap #45.
This marinade made the pork so tender and full of flavor. A very good meal! I didn't use medallions, just pork sirloin steaks. My family enjoyed this. Made for Photo Tag. Thanks for sharing!