Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I collected some recipes using currant jelly and this is one of them. This only requires 4 hours to marinate.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork loin
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place pork loin in a large zip top plastic bag and add the marinade ingredients. Close bag tight and move it and shake it to blend and coat pork well. Marinate at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade to baste.
- Preheat oven to 325 and place pork in a heat proof shallow pan or dish and roast uncovered for 20-25 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 155 Degrees F. Baste with the marinade after about 30-45 minutes and discard the rest of the marinade.
- Meanwhile, make sauce to serve the roast with by melting the jelly, soy sauce and the sherry in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer about 2 minutes; stirring occasionally.
I enjoyed this dish very much. The meat was moist and tender, very tasty with a strong sherry flavour. The sauce was unique. Sweet & mellow, yet slightly tart. Thank you for sharing your lovely dish Oolala.