Recipe by Oolala
I collected some recipes using currant jelly and this is one of them. This only requires 4 hours to marinate.
Top Review by Bay Haven Inn
Wonderful! I wish I had been patient enough to take a picture of the pretty sauce. I made it exactly as written, odd for me to do that. This one is going on the dinner party list.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork loin
- 1 (10 ounce) jar currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork loin in a large zip top plastic bag and add the marinade ingredients. Close bag tight and move it and shake it to blend and coat pork well. Marinate at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade to baste.
- Preheat oven to 325 and place pork in a heat proof shallow pan or dish and roast uncovered for 20-25 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 155 Degrees F. Baste with the marinade after about 30-45 minutes and discard the rest of the marinade.
- Meanwhile, make sauce to serve the roast with by melting the jelly, soy sauce and the sherry in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer about 2 minutes; stirring occasionally.