I found this recipe in Bon Appetit several years ago and we really enjoy it. The kebabs need to marinate for at least 2 hours, but they can also be prepared a day in advance.
- Thread 2 pieces of pork and 2 pieces of onion alternately on each skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange kebabs in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Pour marinade over kebabs.
- Let stand up to 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan.
- Boil marinade 2 minutes.
- Broil kebabs until pork is cooked through, turning frequently and basting occasionally with marinade, about 12 minutes.
What a wonderful recipe! I marinated the pork and onion in a bag for 48 hours. DH then skewered the pork and onion. I loved it. DH and my son didn't eat the onion, but I ate their onions. So tasty. I haven't change a thing in the ingredients. Everything was perfect. Thanks Lazyme :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Excellent flavor. Well worth making. I grilled the kebabs outdoors, using kebab baskets, and skewers when I ran out of room in the baskets. I preferrred the ones grilled on the bamboo skewers. If you want to add other veggies, i.e. mushrooms, peppers, etc. you might want to use separate skewers or baskets, starting the veggies later so they don't char. Another alternative: use Soy Vay bottled sauce for the marinade. Lazyme, good recipe. Thanks for sharing. . . Janet
I grilled them and they got really dry. Probably my fault, so I'm not rating it.