Recipe by lazyme
I found this recipe in Bon Appetit several years ago and we really enjoy it. The kebabs need to marinate for at least 2 hours, but they can also be prepared a day in advance.
Top Review by Boomette
What a wonderful recipe! I marinated the pork and onion in a bag for 48 hours. DH then skewered the pork and onion. I loved it. DH and my son didn't eat the onion, but I ate their onions. So tasty. I haven't change a thing in the ingredients. Everything was perfect. Thanks Lazyme :) Made for 123 hit wonders
- 680.38 g pork tenderloin, 16 pieces
- 1 red onion, 16 pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, chopped
- 7.39 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Thread 2 pieces of pork and 2 pieces of onion alternately on each skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange kebabs in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Pour marinade over kebabs.
- Let stand up to 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan.
- Boil marinade 2 minutes.
- Broil kebabs until pork is cooked through, turning frequently and basting occasionally with marinade, about 12 minutes.